Fateful week in the NFL…Week 2 left us countless injuries that will affect their respective teams throughout the season in their aspirations to reach the playoffs. Let’s see who were the most affected before moving on to our ATS NFL Picks Week 3:
- San Francisco 49ers: Without a doubt, the team most affected by injuries, DE Nick Bosa and DT Solomon Thomas are out for the remainder of the season, QB Jimmy Garoppolo and RB Raheem Mostert will be missing between 2 and 4 weeks.
- Carolina Panthers: RB Christian McCaffrey out 4-6 weeks, ankle injury.
- Denver Broncos: WR Courtland Sutton misses the entire season with a knee injury.
- Indianapolis Colts: WR Paris Campbell Out all season, also with a knee injury.
- Denver Broncos: QB Drew Lock, will miss 3-6 weeks with a shoulder injury.
- New York Jets Giants: RB Saquon Barkley is out the rest of the season with an ACL injury, his replacement will be RB Devonta Freeman, who just signed a one year $3 million deal.
- Rookie WR Henry Ruggs III will not play in Sundays game due to a hamstring injury, WRs Julio Jones, Davante Adams, and Kenny Golladay will be game-time decisions but looks like they won’t play at all
How We Did in Week 2
It was a good week, hitting two and missing only one pick.
• Seahawks -4: WIN, we suffered, but Seattle won by 5 points and we were able to cash in.
• Giants +5.5: WIN, The Giants were one play away from winning, lost by just 4 and we cashed!
• Chiefs -8.5: FAIL, QB Tyrod Taylor did not play for the Chargers, Chiefs won only by 3 and did not draw the line.
ATS NFL Picks Week 3
Let’s go straight with our ATS NFL picks for Week 3 …
Pick of the Week: Falcons -3
Chicago Bears at Atlanta Falcons: Atlanta has lost both of their games and Chicago is undefeated, but Atlanta’s offensive power is too strong for the Bears to keep it going, especially with Mitch Trubisky as their QB.
I think Atlanta will have its first win of the season by at least 10 points.
Hunch Pick: Giants +5
San Francisco 49ers at New York Giants: For the second week in a row we are going with the Giants, this time they face the 49ers. That looks like a real hospital right now. New York has also lost its great star, but I think whoever wins will be a close game.
Thats why lean towards the points with the Giants.
Additional Parlay: Arizona -5.5 / Raiders at Patriots over 47.5
Detroit Lions at Arizona Cardinals: Arizona’s offense is working perfectly and the defense is playing at a very good level.
Detroit generally struggles a lot to perform adequately on natural grass fields, in addition to having some significant injuries on the offensive line. I think the Cardinals win by a touchdown.
Las Vegas Raiders at New England Patriots: The Las Vegas offense is playing big and I think it will continue along that line since the Patriots defense is not what they used to be, mostly because of the COVID-19 opt-out players and some big losses in free agency.
The Raiders defense, meanwhile, is allowing lots of yards and facing a QB like Cam Newton, who has looked like in his MVP days, I think it will be a high-scoring matchup.
That’s all for this week… Remember that betting is a game of chance and no one can guarantee a result. If someone does, please don’t believe him, have fun, and don’t over-bet!