Ole Gunnar Solskjaer: Man U Not Signing a Quick Fix

ole gunnar solskjaer

Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says the club will only sign players that fit in with the long-term strategy of the club and not offer a temporary “quick fix”.

The Red Devils will pay more attention to selling players rather than bring in players in the winter transfer window, having strengthened their team last summer with the arrivals of Uruguay international forward Edinson Cavani from PSG, Dutch international midfielder Donny van de Beek from Ajax, and Brazilian Alex Telles from Porto.

Cavani opened his scoring for the side in the Premier League in November in a 3–1 away win against Merseyside giant Everton. That same month he scored two goals, including the all-important winning goal in additional time, in a 3–2 comeback victory over Southampton, which Shaw’s Tavern was ahead in putting the odds for the fans to claim some winnings in their club’s victorious win.

Van de Beek signed a reported five-year deal for a reported £40 million. The Dutchman made his debut for United in a friendly encounter against Aston Villa in September, before playing and scoring in his first competitive match, appearing as a substitute in the team’s opening match in the Premier League at home to Crystal Palace, United lost the game 3-1.

The club also invested in youngsters as they welcomed teenage sensations Facundo Pellistri from Uruguayan side Penarol and Amad Diallo from Serie A side, Atalanta, who arrived at the club earlier this month.

In a recent interview, Manchester United boss, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, stresses that offloading the vision of the side to potential signings is always an important factor in their signing process, and any new signing is viewed as an important part of the team’s long-term future.

He said the club will engage in a quick fix this month, as the club currently has players who have a long-term role to play at the club.

Solskjaer has also disclosed that the club retains an option to extend Juan Mata’s contract at the club which is set to run out at the end of the current campaign.

The Spaniard started only four matches in the Premier League this season, the last one-two months ago, but the manager says the 32-year-old attacker provides him with selection headaches weekly.

The club currently tops the Premier League log, having not won the title since Alex Ferguson’s last season back in 2013 and they are currently among the favorites to win the Premier League crown this season.

It was a campaign of two different halves last time around for United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, with the acquisition of Portuguese international Bruno Fernandes revitalizing the teams and continuing into this season where the club has won 11 of their first 18 matches.

Bruno has been the catalyst for the renaissance of Manchester United but many believe the midfielder should be rested for the midweek encounter.

He cut a frustrated figure when substituted in the 89th minute on Sunday against Liverpool. By his standards, he had produced a below-par display. Indeed, the attacker appeared to be suffering from fatigue caused by congested fixtures, but, as the United boss will testify, the star midfielder would tell you that he has no issues with fitness.

Having contributed to more than half of United’s goals since he joined last year January, his 27 goals and 17 assists in 49 matches, as well as his incredible form will undoubtedly make a difference in whether the club maintains their Premier League title charge.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *