So, for the second year in a row, we will be having the All-Star race at a different track. The stars of NASCAR are headed to Texas Motor Speedway for a chance at a huge sum of money. I’m going to go over the format since they’re some new rules. I’ll also go over the current lineup and drivers already in the show. It’s time to get this show rolling race fans!
Format and Rule Changes
Alright, race fan’s I’m going to attempt to explain all of this to you guys in as basic of a format as I can. Because trust me there is a lot to dissect here. First, off we will have six segments or stages however you want to look at the all-star race.
- Round 1: 15 laps around the mile and half-track for the all-star drivers. After this round, your field will be inverted starting anywhere from eighth to the twelfth position which will be determined by random draw.
- Round 2: 15 laps once again, only for the entire field to be inverted after this round.
- Round 3: 15 laps, and again the field will be inverted the same exact way they were after round one.
- Round 4: 15 laps, finally nothing crazy will be done to the field.
- Round 5: 30 laps, I take back my previous statement sorry guys. The starting lineup for this round will be determined by the cumulative finish from the first four rounds. The best cumulative finisher (probably Kyle Larson) will start on the pole. Also, all of the cars must enter the pit road for the mandatory four-tire pitstop. This pit-stop will be big for the crew of the all-star drivers because the team with the fastest stop will win $100,000.
- The 6th and Final Round: 10 laps shoot out. The lineup for this round will be determined by finishing position from round five.
We will have a high downforce package and a low horsepower motor ranging from around 500 to 510 horsepower. I’m not going to get started on my opinion of the car’s package because I don’t know if I would honestly ever finish bitching and moaning. These are the all-star’s of NASCAR for a reason I guess.
All-Star Starting Line Up
As you can see from above arguably the most dominant driver currently in the sport Kyle Larson, somehow managed to randomly draw the pole position for the race Sunday night. We currently going into Sunday’s race only have seventeen all-star drivers locked into the main money race. Your three open round winners will line up eighteenth through twentieth. The very much coveted fan vote winner will start twenty-first. Which right now who knows who that could be this year.
All-Star Wrap Up
Listen everyone it has been a hot minute since I’ve been in this writing game. However, I have not missed a single race and I can tell you all one thing for certain Hendrick Motorsports is going to be in contention for this huge payday. I mean even with a reduced horsepower package how can you pull against them to win? I think this format is crazy ridiculous, but it’s the all-star race let’s have some fun watching our best and most likely favorite driver’s race for a chance to win a huge sum of money!
Check out the Belly Up Racing Twitter, if you have an opinion you’d like to share with me drop a comment or check out my own Twitter(@princechris54) and of course, check out Belly Up Sports for the hottest takes in the sports and entertainment world.